Thursday, August 11, 2016

November Rain.....Chapter Nine....

"November Rain"

Copyright @ 2014 by Anuj Sabharwal

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the author. For permissions, write to author at anujsabharwal3@gmail.com 


Author's Note: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents are a product of the author's imagination. Locales and public names are sometimes used for atmospheric purposes. Any resemblance to actual people is completely coincidental. 


After Rape, Ashley and Sammy get close for first time.....

My rape reminded me of what I lost but it also hinted me what I still have. Not only that I have to deal with the fresh wound but also need to divert my anger to my peace. My ongoing struggle required sincere trust and acceptance. Sammy helped me in dishes and on few occasions, he brought the flowers for no reason. One night the air was cool as Sammy carried the blankets to the bed and I rested my back on the edge of the bed looking strikingly at him. It confused him.

‘What are you thinking Sammy? Is something wrong?’

‘Na…just thinking of checking the mails,’

‘You don’t need to. I don’t know but I feel caged. I miss you. Come here and lie next to me tonight,’ I invited Sammy but I did hope that it do not open whole new can of worms for both of us.  

‘Are you sure about it? Didn’t you promise yourself on this? What do you have in your mind?’

‘These are too many questions! No. It’s not time to read my mind. You can’t go that long.’

I felt that my violation at the hands of stranger was already a great injustice to him. After the rape, sex on this night could become a big source of anxiety for both of us. However, there was no shame in making an effort to it. His eyes widened as he took a watchful single step towards the bed and leaned on to me.

‘You look beautiful. You are not going to change your mind, will you?’ Sammy said as he stroked my hair.

‘I’ll do anything for you. I’m sorry if I hurt you earlier,’ I said softly as I lifted myself to him for a first kiss in many days.

‘So much days had gone by that I feel I had never kissed you,’

I started to remove my sweater but he moved my hands away. Kissing gently on my neck and shoulders, he removed the sweater and then the top. His hands slid up to my face and his fingers rolled around my cheek. He wrapped his arms around my bare shoulders as I nodded to him

No comments:

Post a Comment